Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Personal Narrative: The First Time I Sang Infront of an Audience


There I was singing in front of a big audience all eyes on me. I was nervous, but everyone was clapping to a slow beat making me get more and more confident singing on stage. My heart was beating so fast that my chest was aching while I was singing. I was on a medium level of confidence bearing a timid smile. Now I was just below the “Level Fully Confident.” My timid and shy smile was growing bigger and before you knew it I was FULLY CONFIDENT. Finally I finished singing my song that I had been practicing for months. The whole audience was clapping so loud you could even hear it outside of school. I felt so happy and proud that I sang my song with no errors. I was singing a song called, “Country Roads” by John Denver. This was my first time singing a solo I was only 7 years old, in 2nd grade. The performance was called the “Talent Show” I took part in the auditions at school in the theater.



My parents congratulated me. A few of my friends also congratulated me when they watched me in the “Talent Show.” We ended the exciting day by having dinner in mall “Plaza Senayan” at a Chinese restaurant. On Monday my teacher Mrs. Wolf made a certificate just for me, for singing at the “Talent Show.” At school all the teachers congratulated me and, my classmates and friends congratulated me too!
When I got home I told my mom and dad that all the teachers congratulated me.
I found two presents on my bed, they were two toy cars!!! After my first talent show I decided to do the talent show for three more years before I had to move to middle school.


I will still remember the day when I was singing in front of an audience and I was so nervous!

No comments: