Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

RED ALERT RED ALERT !!!! EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURED IN INDONESIA!!!

When Indonesia's in the Ring of Fire, Indonesia is bound to get earthquakes all the time. This was my first situation I've been in an earthquake!! It occurred on 2/9/2009 which was yesterday. The epicenter of the earthquake was 40 kilometers of the coast of Jasikmalaya, it measured 7.4 on the Richter Scale.



There were Tsunami Warnings near Jasikmalaya. In school we saw a big snake hiding for cover even before the earthquake had started because some scientists say that animals have a sixth sense to,sense small tremors before the earthquake so they know when the earthquake starts they will be safe! Unfortunately for us humans we don't have 6th sense.

Some of my friends were in the Library and they felt really dizzy!! Then they heard teachers shouting "EARTHQUAKE,... EARTHQUAKE!!!!!" I wonder if CNN or BBC has found out how many people are injured or dead. I checked on the news yesterday they said that they think about 40 people were reported dead. One other shocking thing I heard on the news is that they expect another earthquake to occur very soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I agree with your comments, Brandon, especially about being in a first larger quake. Though I've lived here, something like this has not happened before. Your writing is good, but it needs to be focused on the two social studies standards we had written on the board. That is the difficult part, shaping your writing away from personal story to academic explanation. We need to work on this more.